Beginning the week of Monday, March 30, Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels will make deliveries only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Clients no longer will receive deliveries on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays.
This move is made with the cooperation of Ann Arbor Meals on Wheels and Michigan Medicine, which prepares and packages meals for both programs.
Food will be prepared for Ann Arbor Meals on Wheels on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Clients of both programs will receive two hot meals and two cold meals with every meal delivery.
- Meals will not be delivered this Saturday, March 28.
- Staff and volunteers are leaving all deliveries at the client’s door. Staff and volunteers will not enter a client’s home.
- This Wednesday, March 25, clients will receive 10 frozen meals along with their regular meals. These meals, along with the emergency meals and liquid meals already delivered, will provide food for as much as 3 weeks.
- YMOW staff and volunteers will begin regular phone calls to every client. These calls will double as a wellness check and friendly visit to help clients fight isolation.
- Clients who have gained additional family support at this time are being asked to stop or cut back on meal deliveries to the extent that they feel safe and comfortable.