- Be home to accept your meal delivery between 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. weekdays and between noon and 2 p.m. on Saturdays. We cannot guarantee an exact time for meal delivery, as factors such as weather conditions, traffic and time spent with clients can impact delivery time.
- You may occasionally have a neighbor or friend accept your meal for you if you will not be home during your delivery time.
- Even though you might leave a note instructing the volunteers to enter, not everyone will be comfortable entering your home without anyone present. We cannot guarantee your meal will be left as instructed or in your preferred spot.
- Let the volunteer or care associate know where to place your food. We cannot leave meals outside, even if you have provided a cooler.
- Keep pets in another room or away from the door. Some volunteers are allergic to animals or are not comfortable around them.
- Be dressed or covered up when your delivery arrives.
- Do not have adult content playing on the TV or computer screens when your food arrives.
- In winter, please keep your walk shoveled. If you are unable to do this, please let YMOW know so we can connect you to someone who can help.
The Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office has a snow removal assistance program. To sign up, call 734-971-8400 ext. 78676. Your name will be placed on a list for help clearing snow after a 5” or more snow storm.