The annual holiday fundraiser for Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels will look a little different this year, but it promises to hold all of the fun that supporters have come to expect from our winter event.
The night will include a selection of delicious meat or vegetarian appetizers from Simply Scrumptious, a live demonstration of how to prepare two of the appetizers, live musical entertainment by local folk duo Adam Labeaux and Sara Gibson, an auction of donated items as well as handmade items from YMOW clients, and messages from EMU president Jim Smith, Congresswoman Debbie Dingell and YMOW clients.
Guests can choose between regular and vegetarian food packages, which will be delivered to homes in Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor and Dexter on Saturday, Dec. 5. Orders must be placed by Nov. 30. Snack boxes of non-perishable, handmade snacks can be shipped for an additional charge. Orders must be placed by Nov. 23.
Guests also have the option to participate in a wine tasting event at the end of the program. Orders must be placed by Nov. 30. Shipping available in Michigan only.
“We are excited to offer this safe but fun event to celebrate YMOW and to support the vital services we provide for the homebound people of Ypsilanti,” said Sally Ruterbusch, YMOW Development Manager. “We hope everyone who looks forward to our Holiday Home Tour will join us as we all spend a little extra time at home this year.”
- Cost for each household, including appetizers for two and a link to the evening's events, is $150.
- Appetizers will be delivered to addresses in Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor and Dexter on Saturday, Dec. 5.
- Snack boxes can be shipped anywhere for an additional $25.
- The wine tasting, which includes sample-sized bottles of five different wines from Lake Michigan Vintners, costs $50, including shipping (Michigan only).
- To order food or wine packages, visit A2Tix or contact Sally Ruterbusch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local food orders must be placed by Nov. 30.
- Ship-to orders must be placed by Nov. 23.
- Visit our virtual auction site! Proceeds from all sales will provide meals for the homebound residents served by YMOW.
The schedule for the evening is:
o 5:45-6 pm Music by Adam Labeaux & Sara Gibson
o 6-6:15 pm Introductions and messages
o 6:15-6:30 pm Music by Adam Labeaux & Sara Gibson
o 6:30-7 pm Simply Scrumptious food demo - learn to make Sun Dried Tomato Falafel Sliders with cucumber salad, pickled jalapeno and citrus aioli, and figs in a blanket - puff pastry, goat cheese, honey and red pepper flakes.
o 7-7:15 pm Music by Adam Labeaux & Sara Gibson
o 7:15-7:30 pm Thank yous, auction
o 7:30-8 pm Lake Michigan Vintners wine tasting
Every food and event package purchased will provide two seniors with a week’s worth of meals.
Every wine tasting kit will provide a day's worth of meals for three homebound neighbors.