The COVID-19 pandemic has brought changes to nearly every part of our lives. Access to food is one thing that shouldn’t change. YMOW has protocols in place to ensure our homebound neighbors continue to receive the food they need while remaining safe and healthy.
1. Staff whose work does not require them to be in the YMOW office will conduct their work from home.
2. All staff, interns and volunteers who are reporting to the office or making food deliveries are required to complete a daily online health assessment prior to reporting to work. Persons will not be allowed to enter the YMOW offices or deliver meals for a minimum of 14 days following a failed screening.
3. While preparing for and making deliveries, staff and volunteers must wear masks and/or face shields and maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
4. Frequent hand washing is required throughout the preparation and delivery process. Gloves and hand sanitizer also are available.
5. Passengers are not allowed in YMOW vehicles. Likewise, volunteers are allowed to deliver meals only with trained, vetted members of their own household.
6. Volunteers will not enter the YMOW offices or the church building. All meals, equipment and paperwork will exchange hands in the parking lot as volunteers remain in their vehicles.
7. After calling the client to ensure they are home to accept their meals, food will be left in a bag at the client’s door or hung from the door handle. Staff or volunteer will wait from a safe distance of at least 6 feet until they make visual contact with the client.
8. Hands are to be sanitized prior to each delivery.
9. Coolers and hot bags are sanitized before and after delivery each day.
10. Vehicles are cleaned daily. This includes disinfecting handles, steering wheels and gear shifts.